Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

You Are More!

There was a time when things started falling apart in my life and I began to lose myself in this world. I really struggled with the question "Who am I?". It seemed like no matter what I did things just got worse. My soul began to be tormented every moment of every day for all the wrong decisions I had made. Then I became completely and utterly broken. I was no longer who I used to be or lived the life I wanted to live. It wasn't til I literally fell on my knees and cried out to Jesus that it became clear again. He told me what I needed to do to make things right and reminded me of something I had almost forgotten or had all but forgotten....He reminded me that I was His. I belong to Him!! It wasn't easy piecing things back together, but He constantly reminded me of the unconditional love He has for me. He didn't make it a cinch to get past my past (otherwise I wouldn't have learned anything), but He certainly let me know that as long as I did the right thing, He was going to take care of me.
Have you ever become lost, broken and felt as if it were you against the world? You start making wrong decisions and you try so hard to do things on your own, but seem to do nothing but fail? When you start feeling that way, you have to recognize you're on the wrong path. You can't do it on your own. That's a fact! You weren't made to carry the weight of this world on your shoulders and walk it alone. You have a Creator and it is He who wants to carry your burdens for you. You just have to give them to Him.
Do you want to know what your purpose is??? To love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength! That's it! But it's bigger than what it seems. When you do all these things, you not only love Him, but you begin to love yourself and others in a different way. You begin to see that you have been given a favor you've never known before. You notice that things you may have not been able to handle before become easier to deal with. Sure you will have tough times. The devil HATES you and he wants nothing more than to see you suffer. After all, his goal is to seek, kill and destroy. It's when you start drifting away from the Lord, you will be more vulnerable to the devils attacks. But God gave us authority over the devil, through Christ our Savior. The Bible says "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me". If you don't believe me, try it. Quit being such a control freak and give God control!! "For those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint" ~Isaiah 40:31.
Don't let your past stop you from having a great future. You are more than the mistakes you've made, the lies you've told and all the wrong you've done. You don't have to stay broken. Give yourself to Jesus and become whole again! Wishing you all the best!

~Stephanie~


No comments:

Post a Comment