Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

No More Leading Lambs to the Slaughter

It's amazing the simple, but powerful, revelations God will bring upon us!! Before today, I could tell you a simple answer to a question of "Why?", but now I can tell you exactly "Why". I may tell you this answer and some of you may say "Well I already knew that", but see, there are those who didn't and I'm happy to shed some light on a question that I've even pondered for a long time. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS CHICK TALKING ABOUT???? Let me explain. =)
You know how the Bible always talked about people sacrificing animals? Well I knew they did it, God asked for it, but I didn't fully understand "Why" they did it. Unbeknownst to me, there the answer was  in Leviticus 17:11: “For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life.” See when the first sin was committed in the Garden of Eden, which was eating from the Tree of Knowledge, the bible says in Genesis 3:7  "Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings". From that point, the wages for sin was death! In order for God to forgive them of their sins, there had to be bloodshed and death. Hence, the first sacrifice. In Genesis 3:21 it is written "The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them". An animal, probably a lamb, had to die to atone their sin! Back then before Christ came, people had to take an animal to an alter and slaughter it to be forgiven of their sins. Each person had to do this! It wasn't one sacrifice for the whole family! But see this was just a temporary "fix". The next year, another animal had to be sacrificed. See that's "WHY" God sent His son Jesus Christ to die for us! Because all the sacrifices were only good for so long. There needed to be a more permanent solution. See we could shed our own blood for our own sins, but that wouldn't work. Not only because it would kill us, but we are all sinners. The sacrifice had to be "clean" or free of sin. Knowing this and having so much love for us, God gave us His only son!!! Jesus walked this earth for 33 years and never once sinned!! He knew what He was sent here to do. He was the permanent solution. He loved YOU so much that He was willing to endure the pain and give His life so YOU could be forgiven of your sins and saved from the clutches of the devil. I don't know about you, but that makes me want to cry and shout out praises to the heavens!! Jesus came to shed His blood on that cross because He loved YOU and me so much!! Hallelujah!! Glory to God!! If you're reading this my friend and you don't quite buy all this Jesus stuff, send me a message and I will do what I can to help you! But just know that you have been bought by the blood of Jesus Christ and you don't have to walk around living in sin anymore! The blood of Jesus has washed you clean! Does that mean that you can walk around and sin all you want.....no, but if you have sinned and your repentance comes from the heart, then all is forgiven my friend! I could go on and on, but I will stop there...for now. =) If this reaches just one person, then I know that I've done well.  Love to all and God bless you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment