Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Love

If I could learn to do one thing perfectly, it would be to love. If I had no other talent, skills or anything else to offer, I know it would be enough. I hope to one day get to a point to where I am unoffendable. To where nothing anyone says or does makes me see them or feel about them differently then how God sees and feels about them. I don't want to put expectations on others because when I do I set them up to disappoint me. See if I were to truly love them, I wouldn't love them for me, I would love them for who they are created to be. So regardless of how unkind or unfair one is toward me, I want to respond with nothing other than love. Why? Because I couldn't go wrong. Love never fails. When I do this I am representing the One many people don't know....Jesus! And to show someone the love of Jesus who has never seen it before or maybe even in a long time, is what we are supposed to do everyday.  So many people don't realize that this is the true reason why they wake up everyday. They have been given a new opportunity, a new day to go out and represent Jesus! How? Love. Just think about it, if we all made a conscious decision to go out and just love on people, we could change so many lives. Maybe that girl who is always alone and doesn't have any friends. If we would just take a moment to show her love and let her know how special and amazing she is we could change the course of her actions of going home and taking her own life. What about that friend or neighbor that was in a car accident and broke his leg and can't do a simple thing as mow his lawn or go out to get his mail? Help a brotha out!! It doesn't have to be something huge and cost a lot of money to show someone you care and that they have value and worth. Sometimes the smallest action can have the biggest impact! As long as it's done with love, you can't lose! God sees your heart and is ready to reward you for being obedient! So go....have fun....live....laugh....but most of all LOVE!




 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing."



No comments:

Post a Comment